Bookkeeper, Full or Part Time, £27-£31k, Hybrid working available, Camberley with Parking
This is a permanent ideally full-time position but the client would also consider someone looking for part time hours. Hybrid working can also be offered if required.
A varied and challenging role working for a busy and successful accountancy practice in a friendly and supportive team environment. As a Bookkeeper you will have your own portfolio of clients. Full details below:
Qualifications and Systems Experience:
AAT, use of Xero, Sage Line 50, IRIS payroll, Receipt Bank and Excel based cash books
• Managing a portfolio of bookkeeping clients.• Experienced bookkeeper with a good knowledge of the VAT rules on what can and cannot be claimed.• Previous experience of working in an 'outsourced' finance function where regular contact is needed with both the client and their suppliers and customers managing all aspects of the day to day bookkeeping including managing the accounts in box, purchase and sales ledgers, credit control and bank reconciliations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients.• Managing the accounts in box, dealing with queries, processing of purchase invoices, bank reconciliations, receipting of sales invoices, processing expense claims, processing the payroll journal.• Processing VAT returns understanding VAT requirements, concepts and calculations.• Setting up new clients on the bookkeeping system and registering VAT schemes with HMRC.• Ensure the year end files are complete with back up schedules to support balance sheet figures.
Analytical and Judgemental Skills:
• To handle bookkeeping and payroll enquiries on a day-to-day basis and know when to escalate the problem to your line manager to ensure they are kept fully up to date.
• To speak with confidence in all client handling situations and when liaising with our clients' suppliers and clients and to write clear, concise emails
• Be capable of working in a busy office environment and handling various telephone queries on a daily basis.• Work independently.• Strong attention to detail and reliable.• To demonstrate utmost integrity and confidentiality, self-motivation and tact.• Able to gain the trust of clients and colleagues.• Capable of managing several tasks and priorities at once.
This is a great job for an excellent firm with a strong and growing client portfolio and a good reputation for forward thinking and innovation, The role will suit someone with appropriate hands-on Bookkeeping experience, ideally gained with an accountancy practice or an accounting services provider. Applicants from commercial businesses with good all-round Bookkeeping skills will also be considered. This candidate may be AAT qualified or studying. Applications are being considered immediately -