Full and part time positions availableLocation:
Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre - face to face only roleJOB OVERVIEW
Here at LJMU International Study Centre, we pride ourselves on providing a supportive learning experience that prepares our students for the challenges of undergraduate and postgraduate study. We provide excellent academic and English skills and knowledge that will enable our international students to progress onto their chosen programme of study at the university and an eventual successful career.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team and carry out a progress coach role. You will be responsible for student coaching, monitoring and intervention both academic and pastoral. This role will involve supporting students through their whole student journey from induction through to progression into the University. It will involve working with a caseload of students in group and one to one sessions and to set high standards for their attendance, behaviour and engagement with their studies and the centre.
We place the student at the centre of all we do, so if you are passionate about changing lives through opportunities in education and are fully committed to providing a fantastic student experience, this role is for you!KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deliver regular tutorials to tutor groups and provide academic individual counselling to students.
- To track student performance and liaise promptly with the academic team to identify suitable intervention strategies.
- To track analytics and gather data on work completion to identify gaps and actions for students.
- To collaborate with academic tutors to identify and provide appropriate resources to support student performance.
- To work with the Student Experience Team in ensuring the well-being of all students and to follow relevant processes for those under 18.
- To work with the Student Experience Team in tracking student attendance.
- To liaise with the student success tutors to gather data on student information such as attendance, engagement, wellbeing and academic interventions.
- To work with the Student Experience Team and Subject Leaders/Head of English to organise and facilitate progression, enrichment and engagement activity.
- To liaise with the Employability Lead to deliver sessions aimed at developing skills required for future studies and careers.
- To support the Welfare Officer with welfare cases and offer pastoral support to students (in line with centre policy).
- To support students in actively taking care of their mental and physical health.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students in line with centre policy.
- To ensure student records are kept up to date and are accurate.
- To work with the Student Experience Team to organise and facilitate the student induction process.
- To deal with general student queries - face to face, on the VLE, by email and phone.
- To foster productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- To adhere to all compliance requirements in relation to GDPR, UKVI requirements, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Experience of working in a student support setting, ideally with international students, or other similar settings (Essential)
- Experience in providing advice and guidance to others.
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students.
- Experience and understanding of compliance requirements in an academic setting.
- High-level communication skills with an ability to communicate with key stakeholders including students in a professional and helpful manner.
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines whilst maintaining a professional and calm manner.
- Strong IT skills specifically Microsoft Office are essential as well as experience in working with record management systems.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.ORGANISATIONAL COMPLIANCE
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.