" data-test-description=""> Job title: Data ScientistLocation: Ashton-under-Lyne - office based role
We are recruiting for a Data Scientist within our Business Insights team. This is a full-time permanent role.
This role will focus on using analytical business insights to transform, inform and direct the business to achieve the corporate goals and enhance values. The individual will be working closely with a range of stakeholders to understand and develop their business insights to achieve these goals to produce profitable growth.Key responsibilities:
Skills and knowledge:
- Data integrity - Maintaining a live and dynamic data set for reporting in sales, cost, efficiency, KPI analysis and profitability within the business,
- Timely & accurate - Providing up-to-date, live and accurate business KPIs to drive the business forward.
- Database warehouse management - Constructing a data warehouse to keep information concise, dynamic and valid for multiple time points and outputs.
- Understanding of design choices for data storage and data engineering technologies for multiple outputs.
- Thinking independently in designing and delivering data solutions that provide business value to a range of stake holders.
- Integrate applications with other BI solutions to improve functionality and slim down data output in a secure and concise manner.
- Apply business and logic rules to derive new variables, encode data and create aggravated values for insight requirements.
- Develop effective, scalable solutions that can be efficiently maintained, updated, tested, deployed and managed.
- Undertake all activities in line with Company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures and participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
- 3-5 years' experience in a Data Science role
- Advanced level excel and Power BI query ability.
- Experience within core Data and BI solutions: QlikSense. SQL, Power BI
- Strong understand of SQL code.
- Ability to write, debug and streamline different variants of code.
- Strong understanding of Data hierarchy management.
- Strong understanding of Data security management.
- Commercial acumen for designing and reviewing output of reports.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems with variance visualisations of output.
If you'd like to learn more about this role, please get in touch with Natalie!
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK. NO sponsorship offered.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all
backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.