Roles available at both Rotherham and Worksop locations.Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hourOptions for hours:
Full time, 37 hours per week, RotherhamPart time, 22.5 hours, WorksopLength of the contract:
2 months initially
Grafton Recruitment are now seeking to appoint an Exams Assistant for our client based in both Rotherham and Worksop. The successful candidate will provide academic departments and learners with key administrative services and advice. The Exams Assistant will contribute to the effective delivery of a high-quality examinations service, including the registration, collation and management of all examinations, assessments and certification.Duties of the Exams Assistant
- To assist with the day to day operations and to provide administrative support to the Examinations team.
- Work efficiently, effectively and collaboratively processing examinations and assessments.
- To process examination and assessment entries onto the College's Management Information System and ensure that documentation is properly stored.
- To prepare and dispatch entries to the Examination Boards.
- To log requests for access arrangements, when requested by tutors, for the candidates with physical or learning disabilities.
- Receive and prepare all examination materials and ensure it is kept in conditions as specified by the awarding organisation, including dispatch and scripts.
- To input examination/assessment results onto the Management Information System.
- To issue candidates results/certificates received from the examination boards.
- To take payment of examination re-sit's and remark fees where applicable and ensure receipts for all payments are provided to the finance department.
- To plan invigilation cover for examinations on the exam timetable, contacting invigilators with allocations and informing the Exams Officer or Manager of any issues with cover.
- To assist the Exams Officer and Manager in providing regular training updates for our pool of invigilators to ensure regulation compliance.
- To act as an invigilator/reader or scribe where required if an invigilator cannot be sourced.
- To ensure a joined up examination service for the group by working with teams across other sites and providing examination cover at other sites when required.
- To undertake any other administrative duties or project work as required.
- Experience of working in the further education sector.
- Experience in a similar type of role and/or in a similar environment.
- Evidence of a track record in delivering similar objectives.
- Level 2 English & Math's qualification or equivalent.
- First Aid at Work Qualification (or willingness to undertake) if required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Knowledge of JCQ regulations and individual awarding organisation guidelines is desirable though not essential.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work evenings as part of a rota system.
- Be willing to adjust working hours during key exam periods.
- Willing to undertake statutory training in connection with Safeguarding, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Prevent.
- Willingness and ability to work at and travel between sites when required
Hiring Contact: Chloe Peasgood
Agency: Grafton Recruitment
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact