AK Teaching Newcastle are looking for an exceptional individual to join a local school as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant. We would like someone who is good at communication with children, parents, and staff, and have the skills and desire to enthuse children each and every day.
If you are looking for a new, exciting challenge, if you are organised and hardworking and have the passion required to work with us then please get in touch.
This 1:1 Teaching Assistant role is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education, drawing on your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility. Working closely with class teachers you will be helping an individual learner to expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life. You will utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to help them understand the information presented.
Due to some of the duties for this role a male candidate would be required, although we have a number of quite similar roles available for female candidates so please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Your duties as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant will include:
· Assist with the development of individual education and behavioural plans setting challenging expectations for the learner to achieve learning goals.
· Establish trusting relationships with the learner and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
· Encourage the learner to interact with the class and engage in activities.
· Provide feedback to the learner and teachers on their achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
· Create and maintain an orderly and supportive environment, undertaking administrative tasks as needed.
· Promote good pupil conduct encouraging the learner to take responsibility for their behaviour.
· Support the use of technology in learning and develop the learner's competence and independence in its use.
· Prepare resources required for learning activities and assist the learner in their use.
· Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection and data protection.
Working with AK Teaching you will be fully supported by a dedicated consultant and work with a highly experienced team who really get to know your needs, competitive rates of pay, ongoing CPD
AK Teaching is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.