Metro Mechanical is one of the UK's leading commercial drainage firms. We have longstanding relationships with some of the best-known businesses in the UK and have won multiple awards for our service.
We continue to grow rapidly and have a passionate and ambitious team. We love what we do and want to continue to achieve successes for many years to come.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a modern and dynamic company with fantastic prospects for the right people. We are looking to recruit dedicated and reliable people who will buy into Metro's culture of hard work and responsibility. Plumbing Engineer Role Overview
We are looking to expand our Plumbing team member by hiring a team member to carry out reactive and maintenance works in the Greater London and Southeast area.
No two shifts will be the same: you will have to respond to changing events and solve problems in real time. You will be carrying out essential repairs, keeping in touch with our 24-hour helpdesk team, and making recommendations for further works where necessary. The role will offer meaningful opportunities for learning and career progression. We reward our best engineers with rapid promotion and pay competitive salaries.
We require candidates with several years plumbing experience and relevant qualifications. Our clients properties also require a good grounding in commercial plumbing. The successful candidate will possess a can-do attitude and a willingness to develop, along with good communication skills, initiative, and the ability to work well as part of a team.What we would like from you
- A passion for solving problems: you won't be leaving site until you've tried everything you can to fix an issue
- Attention to detail
What you can expect from us
- Ability to work varied shifts (nights, days, weekends, call-outs)
- Provide accurate job updates to helpdesk using our app
- Ability to travel across the southern UK to fix our customers' emergencies
- Self-motivation and discipline
- A serious attitude towards health and safety
- A minimum of 45 hours/week and a willingness to work OT
- NVQ or City and Guilds in Plumbing
- Hold a clean full driving licence
- Basic Salary depending on experience
- Company Vehicle, Fuel card, Company uniform and PPE
- A full-time position with overtime always available
- You will be able to earn £45k+ through overtime if you want to work additional hours (always available)
- Life insurance and subsidised personal tool insurance
- Company pension
- Additional bonus payments for being on-call at evenings and weekends
- Opportunity to advance within the Metro Mechanical engineering team
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Basic working hours: Mon - Fri, 45 hrs per week
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays