AJ Chambers is working with a rapidly growing, boutique accountancy practice who are offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join their team in London. Their client base have increased significantly throughout the last year and are still growing.
This is an exciting role for anyone seeking a new challenge. You will be offered a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress to partnership.What will you be doing?
What is required of you?
- You will be responsible for the training and development of staff
- With the partners, you will manage and lead staff on a daily basis
- You will deal with, and advise clients on a regular basis
- To begin with you will look after the partners' clients, but will hold your own portfolio down the line
- You will delegate and review work of staff ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards/requirements
- You will review and occasionally prepare Statutory and Management Accounts
- You will review and occasionally prepare Corporation and Personal Tax in addition to VAT
- You will generate new business, in addition to building upon and maintaining existing client relationships
- You will take ownership of accounting functions and ensure that all books are properly maintained
- You will also be responsible for the planning and budgeting for projects
- You will need a strong general practice background
- You will need to be ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- You will have prior experience within a managerial position and feel comfortable delegating and reviewing the work of junior members of staff
- Prior experience with construction clients is desirable
- You will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal