Solution ArchitectRemote Working (Farnborough Office)
Competitive Salary + BenefitsBrief
Solution Architect needed for a leading defence & security organisation based in the Farnborough area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Solution Architect that takes pride in their work.
This role is currently offering full remote working, with an onsite presence required for the occasional meeting at the site in Farnborough.
The successful Solution Architect would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining robust and cost effective solution architectures and designs to meet the business objectives and requirements of the customer, with responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose solutions in line with the companies' standards and policies.
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder. What the role of the Solution Architect entails:
Some of the main duties of the Solution Architect will include:
What experience you need to be the successful Solution Architect:
- Defining the solution architecture and design for the project to meet business and system requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
- Providing Project Technical Authority leadership of the IM&T solution and associated development team, ensuring that the solution architecture and design is as required and is communicated effectively
- Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development and test teams
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
- Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
- Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
- Engaging with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to develop system requirements and solution design
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering IM&T solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IM&T business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Understanding of IM&T / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.
- Previous experience of technical leadership e.g. acting as a Technical Authority.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Solution Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!