Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we're here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we've grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we're proud to be Austria's first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, "roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen" kind of people. If you're someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let's go!
We're looking for an Interface and Motion Designer with diverse experience in many forms of two dimensional design, and a few good years dedicated to animating product interfaces. You have an elegant knack for colour, typography, a good sense of "what works" and are passionate for apps and refined UI. Combining functionality with beauty, you're able to help deliver highly polished responsive designs for our product through animated UI, while keeping an eye on how we can look and feel fresh through all our channels. We expect, beyond excellent UI design and UI motion skills, you also have a desire to work on creative briefs and bring a conceptual edge to your work.What you'll do:
Who we're looking for:
- You'll be strategic in supporting the creation of elegant interface solutions for web and mobile (responsive and native), from concept to deliver;
- Integrate motion in the design of our product and proactively think about motion as an intrinsic part of our set of UI behaviour, may this be Ui elements or illustration and iconography;
- Contribute to the growth and consistency of the quality of our products' experience by defining, adding and continuously improving our design system; this also means defining and documenting UI specs as part of the design system;
- Create high-fidelity reels to showcase how the interface and set of UI's are meant to perform and respond to gesture and user's behaviour;
- Continuously collaborate with product designers to create and maintain a cohesive and consistent visual language and product experience for our users;
- Integrate behavioural knowledge of our users into your design solutions, with the goal to continuously improve engagement with our product;
- Mentor your peers and less experienced designers, helping them grow, and develop their visual and interface design skills;
- Drive and advocate for the adoption of visual design best practices, may these be platform agnostic or not, being foundational to the understanding of the why's;
What's in it for you
- You have experience both in agencies as well as in-house, and you marry the best of both worlds;
- Deep love for (perhaps a slight obsession with) cohesive but daring visual solutions, that manifest mastering of colour, typography and layout, and, above all, do not fear challenging the status quo in UI;
- You're familiar with the integration of motion design as a core part of a design system;
- You understand the role of interactions and animations and use them purposefully to better the functionality of your design solutions (even if purely emotional);
- Your portfolio demonstrates exceptional critical thinking skills and a sharp eye for design: the devil is in the details! To conform gives you an itch.
- You love thinking about the big picture but also know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail: your mind easily identifies systems, your heart pumps with refined execution!
- You have expertise working alongside developers to ensure the implementation of design and rendering of the interface are of the highest quality;
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch "tech pack" - your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna's fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, "roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen" kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda's incredible journey to become Europe's #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.