Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we're here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we've grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we're proud to be Austria's first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, "roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen" kind of people. If you're someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let's go!
As a Senior Product Designer you will be fundamental in shaping the future of financial independence for millions of customers. At Bitpanda, we're removing the barriers to access new opportunities for wealth generation, and you'll deliver remarkable and effortless experiences to entry and keep up with the financial playing field, empowering people to make their financial freedom a reality.What you'll do:
Who we're looking for:
- Own and iteratively improve the customer experience within and across your product domain, from guiding customers to learn investment opportunities from an extensive catalogue of assets, to surface relevant financial products at the right time, and transform trading flows into beloved moments;
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to turn user insights and business needs into hypotheses and products that drive balanced business value through a process or rapid exploration, product definition and validation;
- Own projects and UX initiatives from start to finish, including running design sprints and collaboration sessions to understand and explore customer problems, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews;
- Contribute to the growth and consistency of the quality of our products' experience by improving and adding to our design system;
- Mentor your peers and less experienced designers, helping them grow, develop their decision-making skills and mature their customer empathy;
- Help other disciplines understand the business value of design, by shipping experiences that are measurable towards the Bitpanda's vision and strategy;
What's in it for you
- Deeply knowledgeable in engaging experiences within product and designing products that stick, with a clear understanding of a service blueprint and the many moments of the journey where driving engagement is relevant and impactful;
- Proactive and system thinker with a drive to ship high-quality and meaningful experiences without sacrificing speed;
- Expertise in the end-to-end iterative design process, from discovery to delivery: how to drive and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions
- Passion for solving problems, wearing the many different hats that make up for user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction);
- Love for thinking the big picture while also knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills to help painting a picture, brainstorm and build understanding with your team and stakeholders;
- 4+ years of experience collaborating closely with product and engineering peers to ship engaging experiences;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is a necessity
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch "tech pack" - your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna's fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, "roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen" kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda's incredible journey to become Europe's #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.