Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs?
Eaton is a power management company actively engaged in the transition towards to a low-carbon energy future across the world. We have a particular focus on enabling the energy transition in buildings with our advanced technology portfolio including: renewable energy integration, energy storage, EnergyAware UPS, microgrids and electrical vehicle charging infrastructure.
As an Application Engineer
, you will be working as a bridge between customers, sales and engineering teams, use customer input and sales information to design or re-design, develop, test and implement complex hardware and software applications. You will also provide technical support and expertise to customers, testing applications, responding to customer feedback, installations, maintenance and occasionally performing expert presentations and demonstrations.
Your main duties will include designing hardware/software applications for specific customer's needs, tracking customer's trends and collecting feedbacks for Eaton's engineering teams, and training the Building as a grid (BG) Sales Engineers on the technical specifications of applications.Your main responsibilities:
QualificationsYour essential skills we are looking for:
- Design the specific customer solution, programs and applications
- Write and execute integrated testing scenarios, working with the customer to optimize offers and ensure offers stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support from application start-up through the warranty period. This support includes responding to customer issues, providing updated software that solves bug issues, perform installations for customers and working with the customer service team. In order to design and re-design effective applications you must acquire and analyze customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions
- Generate ideas to engineering for new offerings that innovate and fill gaps in the current market.
- Perform analysis on harware & software applications and services, review internal & external advanced technical documentation for projects and propose solutions, provide technical advice to key functions within Eaton organization and to external customers, ensure that product offerings and functionalities are aligned with consumer trends
- Provide technical training sessions to internal teams and external customers, support daily technical enquiries, work collaboratively with BG engineering international teams to deliver technical solutions#LI-ID1
Then we want to hear about you!What Eaton offers:
- A Bachelor s / Master s Degree in a relevant subject such as Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Computer Science, Renewable Energy, or similar
- Previous experience is a customer focused role
- Advanced knowledge of software application development, installation, and maintenance
- Exceptional ability to drive application innovation by analyzing consumer and competitor trends
- Ability to evaluate client feedback and improve front end application functionality
- Advanced ability to document processes, run diagnostic tests and repair errors
- Proficiency in providing clients with technical product and services support
Our recent awards:
- Full time contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
What you will get from us
- FORTUNE's 2021 World's Most Admired Companies list
- One of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies2021 byEthisphere
- Top 50 Employers List 2020 by Woman Engineer Magazine
- Best Place to work for LGBTQ Equality 2020 byHuman Rights Campaign
- Named to 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2020 list for 13th consecutive year by 3BL Media
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens list for 11th consecutive year by Corporate Responsibility Magazine
- ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, Sustained Excellence ranking
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.