Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients' competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads - small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make "Brave Plays" in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign's Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
As the Analytics Director you will be responsible for driving analytical projects that will influence the media plan and performance across a portfolio of Starcom clients. You will have three overarching responsibilities that directly relate to our agency Growth Pillars and internal Expectations Framework.
1. Growth for Clients: our goal is to create brilliant experiences that drive faster growth for our clients, and you will work with various teams within the broader Publicis Media organisation (Performance, Buying & Trading, Content, Sports, Data Science and Commerce Practices) to do so. Specific responsibilities are:
- Delivering marketing effectiveness, through identifying business problems and providing data-driven solutions across macro (top down modelling) and micro analytics (bottom up performance analytics).
- Developing and owning measurement roadmaps inclusive of data modelling, measurement frameworks, reporting visualisations, automated dashboards, attribution, brand measurement. You will ensure KPIs are identified and tracked to measure success of media campaigns.
- Working with the Solutions Architecture team and clients to design reporting outputs through utilisation of Meteor reporting platform; responsible for team of analysts to ensure data ingestion, centralisation, transformation and visualisation are accurate and insightful.
- Partner with data scientists to apply advanced analytics techniques (predictive modelling, natural language processing, computer vision) to inform media strategy and activation for client
- Identify opportunities to use new data offerings and media strategies to enhance media performance; partner with key vendors and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for custom research, pilot/test new measurement platforms
- Deliver client-facing presentations covering such topics as multi-media reach, multi-touch attribution, the future of measurement and data modelling
2. Develop a Growth Team: You will have the chance to be a major contributor in shaping the culture of the teams that work in the agency. Specifically:
- Nurture a growing team of analysts to deliver outstanding analytical insights; ensure quality of client deliverables, provide business insight and technical guidance to junior team members
- Build strong, trusting relationship with internal and external stakeholders and be able to make recommendations on which form of analysis is most suitable for each type of planning in a professional and confident manner
- Build trusted relationship with key client contacts for the day to day delivery of analytics projects whilst developing a clear understanding of their business
- Drive programme of data evidenced performance through case study and award writing to continuously demonstrate the learning and insight derived
- Work collaboratively inside the DDT, planning and practice teams to deliver growth and transformation for clients, being inclusive and positively influencing engagement from others through stimulating work, feedback, progression and culture
3. Drive Growth for Starcom: You are an ambassador for the Starcom brand and will be part of helping us build an exceptional reputation both within Publicis Groupe and with external partners. Specifically:
- Identify opportunities to use new data offerings and media strategies to enhance media and commerce performance.
- Support the agency with the build of data driven applications that support insights generation, planning and performance optimisation.
- Build long standing and transformative partnerships with senior stakeholders, media partners and is respected in the Media Industry network for constructive collaboration
- Alert to market competitors and developments, makes recommendations and drives change
- Drive organic growth within client scope, and build solutions proposals for out of scope opportunities
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Expertise in online and offline media with experience working directly with clients to deliver marketing transformation fuelled by data
- Experience working directly with clients to deliver marketing transformation fuelled by data
- Background in media performance reporting, optimizations
- Strong analytics skills, with the ability to glean insights from measurement infrastructure (GA web analytics, ad server data, etc.).
- In-depth experience analysing, interpreting and visualising data
- Expertise in data applications, offerings in the industry with the ability to leverage this knowledge to benefit the client
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.