Garrett Excellence Model (GEM) is a result-oriented operating system which sustainably drives top performance and continuous improvement across the business in full alignment with our strategic priorities. It is an end-to-end business excellence philosophy which brings consistency in how we operate and strengthen our performance culture. The position is focused on 3 main areas of activities, respectively:The purpose of the job is:
- To deploy Garrett Excellence Model (GEM) to achieve sustainable exceptional results at every function level to impact results at business level
- To enable accountability for performance, to develop capability of problem solving & continuous improvement at every level.
- To develop & promote GEM within the entire GTX Enterprise at all levels of the organization (working to senior levels).
Deploy Garrett Excellence Model framework in plants & functions:
- Conduct baselining activity for related functions.
- Support deployment of 5 pillars of GEM leveraging the GEM champions (leadership & strategy, people competency & capability, operating system maturity, process maturity, delivering results)
Develop & deploy digitized tool in plants & functions:
- Deploy & foster utilization of GEM tool pack (8D/RCCA, Kaizen, SDP, A3 DMAIC project digitization, Continuous improvement , leading practice & standards, audit)
- Leverage digitized tool & repository to "fix problems once for good".
Develop standard & drive process for transformational projects:
- Develop & drive implementation of standards throughout the 13 plants & functions.
- Lead process for best practice horizontal deployment.
- Support maturity improvement.
- Drive process for transformational kaizen in plants & other transformational projects in other functions.
- Conduct external benchmarks.
Develop GEM capabilities throughout the organization:
- Train, coach, mentor, develop GEM champions in plants & functions.
- Certify black belt & lean master applicants
- Coach, drive projects when needed.
- Manage overall governance for certification process.
- Interaction with multiple organizations at various level ( individual contributor to senior leaders, manufacturing, quality, finance, HR, engineering, supply chain, procurement, sales & marketing, communication department)
- Achievement of certification levels per plan
- People GEM competency level
Pivotal Experience & Expertise:
- Lean Master or Master Black Belt certification is preferred with the objective to coach people.
- Experience Anglo-Saxon environments | Global exposure.
- Relevant BS or BA Degree, relevant master's degree preferred.
- Overall, around 20 years of relevant work experience.
- 10-15 years progressive operational experience
- Multiple cycles/assignments of learning in operations or functional area at manager, functional leader or equivalent level.
- 10+ years of proven leadership experience in implementing the Excellence standards at multiple function & Locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence.
- Demonstrated project management experience to manage multiple priorities in a highly matrix-ed organization.
- Excellent written communication skills, articulation of standards and processes.
- Hands on Experience on TPS - Lean Management system or similar operating systems or Excellence System implementation as a Leader /Trainer / coach / mentor is mandatory.
Experience in Lean / Excellence system for Non- Manufacturing, functional excellence system (Example: Engineering, Procurement, Finance HR) experience is recommended Quality management system Knowledge is an added advantage.What is the nature of influence the job has on its area of responsibility / operation?
What is the level of the contribution to overall business results considering the level of impact determined in the previous question?
- Developing and implementing business strategies for the organization with a longer term focus (typically 3-5 years), based on the corporate vision and objectives.
What is the most challenging type of communication for this job?
- Significant impact on several business units and their performance, significant contribution to the achievement of results.
- Manage communications of great importance having long-term, strategic implications (5+ years) for the entire organization.
Create truly new concepts and methods of doing things that are ground breaking and based on someone's own ideas.
This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry's most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly.
About the Team
The Garrett Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) organization manufactures and delivers safe, high quality products and services, on time, at a competitive cost to customers globally. We make quality a competitive advantage and provide world-class delivery and flexibility thanks to a result-oriented operating system which sustainably drives top performance and continuous improvement across the business in full alignment with our strategic priorities.