Job Title: Full Stack Engineer (Senior Associate) - RegTech & Advanced AnalyticsBackground
There are few jobs where you can make a real difference to the 40 million consumers of financial products, the 2 million people who work in the UK Financial Services industry, and the stability of our economy. The FCA has three objectives. It is responsible for:
ensuring that markets operate with integrity. promoting effective competition; and protecting consumers of financial services.
RegTech & Advanced Analytics is driving digital innovation at the FCA. Our purpose is to change how we regulate financial services. Our team of change experts and data scientists combine cutting-edge techniques and the latest technology to generate breakthrough insights. We believe the best approach is sometimes an innovative approach. We place emphasis on curiosity and experimentation. We collaborate widely with academics, innovative companies, and the rest of the FCA. We believe that people need space to continue learning and the support to develop new ideas, so we commit to giving them both.
Come and join our diverse team of creative and passionate innovators.What does this job involve?
As a Full Stack Engineer (Senior Associate) in the Advanced Analytics Engineering team, you will design, implement, and deploy Advanced Analytics Applications. You will take a proactive approach to planning and delivery based on Agile principles and values. You will take pride in your product and the quality of its implementation.
You will collaborate with end users, product managers, data scientists and other SMEs to make design decisions and formulate implementation strategies. You will form lasting partnerships with data scientists to develop new data science ideas into enterprise grade applications with real business value. You are an advocate for innovation and get excited about new technologies and new ways of doing things. You will invest time in both learning and advancing your knowledge and sharing your knowledge through peer reviews, demos, debates, and other knowledge sharing platforms.Skills/Experience Required
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.Minimum
- Experience working with Linux and using the command line.
- Proficient in using Python programming; knowledge in Python frameworks such as Django and/or Flask
- Knowledge in Django REST framework
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience using UI frameworks (Angular/React/Vue) and CSS frameworks
- Relational DB (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL).
What will I get from the role?
- Understanding of web application security practices and cloud security principles.
- AWS services (e.g., S3, EC2, SageMaker)
- Familiarity with CI/CD, GIT, Docker
- Knowledge of graph database
- A diverse an inclusive workplace that champion positive work culture and individual wellbeing.
- Opportunity to deliver new product propositions from ideation to release, without having to deal with legacy issues.
- The opportunity for professional growth in an innovative function that encourages continued learning and development. Free subscriptions of multiple online learning platforms; demos and debates that include internal and external speakers. Dedicated time for learning, development, and experimentation.
This role is a Full Stack Engineer, Senior Associate position based in London. This Position falls within the Regulatory Job Family
Salary £50,000 - £75,000 + benefits package
Job post will close on 13th May 2022
The FCA is currently trialling a new hybrid way of working, requiring colleagues to spend 40% of their time in the office each month until the end of July. This trial period will allow us to identify the most appropriate balance of hybrid working, enabling us to benefit from the best of both working in an office environment and remotely.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has recently set out a new employment offer designed to reward strong, consistent performance, aid career development and close pay gaps.
This follows an extensive, wide-ranging and comprehensive consultation with all FCA colleagues and the FCA's Staff Consultative Committee. The changes, including updates to the proposals consulted upon, will mean that the FCA continues to provide one of the best reward packages of any regulator or enforcement agency in the UK.
If you have any questions please speak to your recruiter or visit the FCA website (or intranet for internal colleagues).
For more information please contact Daniel.Dowling@fca.org.uk