We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.About the Role
To develop, manage and implement the marketing strategy for key products in order to increase brand awareness, sales revenue and market share.Key Responsibilities
- To work collaboratively with key stakeholders from concept to publication, and throughout the life of the product, actively contributing to the development of commercially successful resources.
- To devise, deliver and monitor integrated print and digital marketing strategies and to ensure that all activity is effective and generates maximum return on investment.
- Analyse customer information and identify target markets to comprehensively inform marketing strategies and to feed into publishing decision making.
- To devise and manage expenditure so plans are delivered within budget and appropriate levels of spend are allocated to brands and key projects.
- To delegate, manage and monitor work set to internal staff and external agencies/freelancers in order to deliver plans effectively and on schedule.
- With support from your manager, run departmental marketing projects, as needed, ensuring our marketing outputs remain competitive and in line with market need.
- Help foster teamwork throughout sales and marketing and the business unit, ensuring a collaborative approach to working practice.
- Coordinate and attend conferences and events, as required.
We are currently thinking through how we use our offices in the future and are open to discussing flexibility within this such as a blend of office and home working.About You
To be successful in this role you must:
- Experience devising strategic and innovative marketing plans
- Experience of working in marketing and/or publishing
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experience of managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and team working skills
- The ability to manage a heavy workload and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise in a busy environment
- The ability to quickly learn a range of IT systems
- Knowledge of the schools market
- Publishing or marketing qualification (e.g. CIM)
- Experience of managing projects
- A willingness to undertake occasional travel
We care about work/life balance here at OUP. With this in mind we offer 25 days' holiday that rises with service, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure (3-days) and a 35-hour working week. We are open to discussing flexibility in respect of working hours and the use of technology to support regular remote working, dependent on role. We also have a great variety of active employee networks and societies.
We help make your money go further by contributing to your pension up to 12%, offering loans and savings schemes through our partnership with Salary Finance, in addition to travel to work schemes and access to a wide range of local discounts.
Please see our Rewards and Recognition page for more information.Queries
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries relating to this role.
This vacancy may close before the advertised closing date. If you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.