Ofgem works on behalf of energy consumers to ensure that every household and business in the UK can rely on a safe, affordable and environmentally sustainable energy supply. We are playing a vital part in accelerating the transition to Net Zero and a carbon neutral energy system a goal that everyone wants to achieve. Whatever your role, youll be playing your part in creating new energy solutions that are gret for customers, and great for the environment.
Ofgem has a culture of inclusion that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our colleagues. It fuels our innovation and helps ensure we can best represent the consumers and the communities we serve. Everyone is welcome - as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in a specific work area in the context of operating in a
Professions and Flexible Resourcing model.
- Plan, oversee and deliver a set of work deliverables on time and to a high standard through effective project management and support of multidisciplinary team members.
- Provide inclusive team leadership by supporting and developing team members and demonstrating commitment to Ofgem values.Responsibilities
Leading the monitoring of the performance of all the gas and electricity networks in accordance with the RIIO price control reporting frameworks and network licensees licence obligations.
Taking relevant regulatory actions from non-compliance with licensees obligations, including potential enforcement investigations.
Leading the development of regulatory responses to issues emerging in the operation of the RIIO price control and/or relevant wider developments in the gas and electricity sectors.Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Please refer to candidate pack for details.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes; up to 30 days annual leave. Excellent training and development opportunities. The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements which include a valuable range of benefits. Flexible working hours and family friendly policies. Restaurant and subsidise gym (London only). Interest free season ticket loan.
Things you need to know Security
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
When you press the Apply now button, you will be asked to complete personal details (not seen by the sift panel), your career history and qualifications.
You will then be asked to provide a 1250 word supporting statement evidencing how you meet the essential and desirable skills and capabilities listed in the role profile. Please ensure you demonstrate clearly, within your supporting statement, how you meet each of the essential and desirable skills and capabilities.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.Nationality requirements
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Further information on nationality requirements Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
The Civil Service also offers a Redeployment Interview Scheme to civil servants who are at risk of redundancy, and who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised vacancy.