Senior Cloud Engineer
Would you like to apply your cloud expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might just have the job for you! Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. ABOUT US
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Cloud Engineering team delivering a multi-hybrid cloud
environment. We are expanding our team of highly skilled and hardworking individuals who are helping to enable and evolve our DevOps capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who craves working with new tech in the cloud and is looking for responsibility, ownership and variety. You will be regularly challenged with new technologies, services and ways of working in a large enterprise-scale environment.
- We are looking for a Cloud Engineering Lead to help us build Cloud capabilities and tooling to support DevOps and development capabilities. We're looking for someone who can work alongside multiple DevOps and development teams and who is self-motivated and able to actively contribute new ideas to the multi-hybrid Cloud platform and services we support. The focus is very much on enabling these teams to deliver independently so there is a heavy focus on automation, self-service, provision of guardrails, and baking of process and governance into workflow and technology.
- As a Cloud Engineering Lead, you will have the responsibility of providing Line management and technical leadership to a team of Cloud Engineers in local or global locations while still being hands-on and delivering innovative solutions to the business by applying a comprehensive cross-functional and industry best-practice cloud engineering approach.
- Work in an Agile way with global Product, Project and Platform teams to build and manage a range of Cloud capabilities and infrastructure services.
- Cloud Engineering Lead will be required to manage risks, dependencies and demand within the team they are responsible for through collaboration with capability lead and business counterparts.
- You are not shy and like to share your ideas.
- You will join AZ Cloud Engineering team Part of Global Infrastructure Services.
- Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, ambitious thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energises and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Skills and experience :
- In depth experience with setup, configuration and maintenance of Cloud service.
- Experience and familiarity with a range of automated deployment tools.
- Ability to learn and develop new tech skills as required supporting the multi-hybrid cloud strategy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe and use of Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in cloud design
- Experience in system maintenance, recovery and administration across Linux and Windows
- DevOps Experience with skills around automation and tools such as (but not limited to) Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Proven experience with scripting languages, ie: Python NodeJS
- Demonstrate the capability to problem solve, look for solutions and communicate these openly in a timely manner.
- Proven Line Management Experience.
Styles/Values and Attitudes :
WHY JOIN US?
- You can absolutely by trusted with very sensitive information
- Must have a positive can-do approach and work alongside peers who are like minded that are constantly learning through customer outcomes.
- Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements and find new ways of doing things.
- Know when to take initiative, speak up and are prepared to do so.
- Realise that customer success is our success, so you must want to help our customers achieve their objectives.
- Research and Development aspirations, you will need to want to push the boundaries through continuous learning/experiments/trials of new ideas.
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!WHAT NEXT?
So are you ready to start your journey? Click the link to apply and we'll be in touch soon.WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 13th May 2022