ETS - Operational Excellence Lead
Macclesfield, (UK) Gaithersburg (USA) Gothenburg (Sweden)ABOUT ETS
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience. It's a dynamic and challenging environment to work in - but that's why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.JOB ROLE
The Operational Excellence Lead is an individual contributor role that will work across the global function and support the VP & Leadership Team of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) on their journey towards excellence and to ensure progress across our key initiatives and LEAN maturity.
They will support a range of areas including ETS performance, reporting, portfolio visibility, communications, continuous improvement, optimisation and sustainability. This role will support the design and mapping of the ETS processes including Tier, planning, IT strategy alignment and identifying ongoing opportunities. They will manage a regular cadence of monthly, quarterly and annual activities. They will ensure we drive quality, change, efficiency and effectiveness across our services and processes whilst also delivering on our sustainability imperatives. The role holder will be given their remit of responsibility and be encouraged to use initiative and a hard-working approach, identify and suggest continuous improvement opportunities. Report to the Head of Global IT Service & Experience within ETS.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES ETS Performance
- Work closely with the ETS Business Partner within the Strategy and Performance (S&P) team to drive strategy alignment, governance and delivery to time and quality for pan AZ IT initiatives and processes. They will work to an agreed RACI of activities.
- Support identification, management, tracking and contribution to AZ IT OKRs/important metrics
- Facilitate agreement of ETS OKRs and important metrics, associated governance and tracking processes to align with AZ IT, including develop and be responsible for the ETS scorecard.
- Use analytics to identify ETS continuous improvement opportunities working closely with the Service Insights & Analytics Lead.
- Undertake selective cross and in-industry benchmarking to support continuous improvement and strategic thought leadership.
- Work closely with delivery heads across the function to ensure that capabilities are optimised and optimisation targets are set and met.
- Facilitate ETS input to AZ IT strategy
- Supervise key ETS strategic priorities and landmarks.
- Support the production of MTP report including data gathering, analysis and narrative.
- Gather and ensure ETS Roadmaps are maintained and shared appropriately.
- Develop and lead an ETS sustainability agenda including delivering against sustainability targets and educating our workforce, boost employee engagement in areas of sustainability and environmental protection.
- Working close with Procurement on sustainability credentials of our suppliers and actively pursue.
- Ensure 'run' governance, standards and processes are understood and adopted across ETS.
- Support relevant teams to ensure that ETS CMDB, Service Portfolio and other related data is accurate, maintained and supporting overall operations.
- Delivery monthly Town Halls and ensure smooth running and informative sessions.
- Develop and deploy ETS communications and collaborator engagement.
- Celebrate and socialise key achievements of our people and initiatives.
- Coordinate with the LT to ensure detailed execution of initiatives and ensure benefits are clearly measured and realised.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Work with our HRBP and FBP to manage our headcount, OSPs and effectively manage approvals data across ETS. They will ensure that through recruitment we are harnessing the right skills for the future of our technology, services and customer experience.
- Be the Pulse Champion for ETS supported by a network of others across the organisation, socialising results and agreeing areas of focus and improvement.
- Develop and own an automation agenda for ETS capturing automation activities, cross-learning, re-use and raising awareness across the team.
WHY JOIN US
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (business technology or related degree)
- Experience of working with senior leaders, including VP level, to support strategic business performance optimisation.
- Effective networker able to form effective working relationships at different levels and with different partner groups to address specific issues and/or deliver specific outcomes
- Strong experience of service delivery with a passion for the customer experience.
- Good understanding of deploying OKRs/KPIs metrics for enhanced performance and utilising benchmarking for effective target setting.
- Experience of strategic justification, evaluation & case formulation.
- Good understanding of budgeting and finance concepts and processes.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to influence and challenge at a senior level and communicate complex issues in a simple and effective way.
- Superior presentations skills and ability to gather an audience and retain their attention.
- Superior presentations skills to present data and information in a simple and engaging format.
- Effective analytical skills to see opportunities for performance improvement
- Knowledge of digital trends and ways of working.
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!About AstraZeneca
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you're interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.Competitive salary & benefits offered