The job on offer
As an L2 Security Analyst you'll work on our client's site in the West Midlands as part of their Security Operations Centre (SOC) team. Our client has 4 shift teams working 4 days on and 4 days off. The early shift operates between 07:00 and 18:00. The late shift operates between 15:00 and 02:00. As a member of such a team you will swap between early and late shifts every month.
- Monitoring: Monitoring all technologies, data asset dashboard, sensors and services, and escalating security events and incidents within the SOC.
- Detection: Using your expertise and knowledge in hunting, as well as automated event detection of sensors and services, to identify any suspicious or malicious activity across the enterprise.
- Investigation: Examining events and incidents to determine scope, risk and severity, this includes determining what is happening or has happened as well as the root cause and the correct remediation activities.
- Remediation: Working with various departments in our client's organisation to remove suspicious and malicious activity and traffic, and where required restore services. This will include making appropriate changes to guarantee that such security events and incidents do not reoccur.
- Review: As part of continuous improvement, reviewing all incidents to improve response processes and actionable intelligence. Where possible you will play a significant part in moving manual process over to automation and orchestration.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Cybersecurity generally and Security Analysis in particular. They will also have knowledge and relevant work experience that aligns with the following:
• Working in a Security Operations Centre
• Incident response
• Using SIEM tools and technologies (notably Splunk, Siemplify and Tanium EDR)
• Cyber hunting techniques
• 3 years' experience of work in Cybersecurity (IT Security or Information Security)
• Good understanding of network architecture and corresponding security controls
• Applying defence in depth from an IT perspective
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative capability, attention to detail and ability to work in a demanding environment
• A high degree of flexibility and ability to multi-task, seeking guidance where necessary
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, including with colleagues in other countries
• A recognised professional certification relevant to Cybersecurity
Why Capgemini is unique
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.