Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. Manager, Compliance - AML Investigations at Checkout.com
The Manager of AML Investigations will be responsible for investigations of sophisticated suspicious activity cases from receipt of the initial referral through the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and leading a team of AML investigators to analyze transactional data and resolve investigation cases of suspected AML, counter-terrorist financing and proliferation finance. What You'll Be Doing
- Perform all of the essential functions of an AML Investigator, which includes: review of advanced cases for suspicious activity; research using Checkout.com systems, third party systems, and open source media; maintain knowledge of AML red flags and industry trends
- Draft investigation notes and conclusions/recommendations
- Responsible for cases which include a deeper level of analysis, more complicated research, and greater exposure to innovative and lesser known products. This may include involvement in trading-related analysis, cryptocurrency and NFT investments, organizational/entity accounts, etc.
- Mange the AML Investigations team and provide subject matter expertise and support to team on research techniques, higher risk products and services, systems, workload management, and operational improvement initiatives
- Work reciprocally with internal teams, other financial institutions, law enforcement authorities, and regulatory bodies to investigate suspicious activity
- Review and evaluate the case management system to ensure consistent and comprehensive investigations have been satisfactorily completed
- Provide support to internal and external audit teams on the gathering and analyzing of clients, accounts, and transactions
- 5+ years of investigations experience in AML/CTF prevention, with the track record of handling increasingly complex cases
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the crypto currency exchange, fintech, bank, and/or AML Compliance industries
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or similar
- Chainalysis Reactor Certification (CRC) is a plus
- Experience working with financial crime technologies such as Featurespace, Fircosoft, Chainalysis
- Understanding of how data and analytics can be used to prevent, detect, and manage financial crime
- Good working knowledge of UK or global financial crime regulation, legislation, industry guidance and trends within the payments industry
- Good understanding of the financial crime risk and control framework and best practices for financial crime risk management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the skill to deliver comprehensive reports and presentations to the MLRO and/or Senior Leadership
- Good attention to detail balanced with the experience to see a wider perspective and continually challenge
- Well organised self-starter, able to prioritise quickly and adapt to tight timeframes
- Collaborative colleague with a positive demeanour
- Work proficiency in English and, preferably, French
#LI-AB1 What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here. More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us. We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.