Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. Principal Brand Designer at Checkout.com About the design team
The whole design team works across most things at Checkout.com. From brand identity, events and performance marketing to print, to comprehensive product experiences on web and mobile, with great technical documentation. We're a fully complementary team of researchers, writers, designers and operations, where some are embedded into small product teams and others work across multiple product lines (known as the hybrid centralised model). About the brand design team
The Brand Design team owns the expressive strategy for Checkout.com. We do this by crafting, evolving, and maintaining the visual identity design system. We stand by our principles, systems, and standards that make it efficient in creating extraordinary work with our colleagues and partners! Brand Designers at Checkout.com
We're constantly aiming for better, not just different. We build systems and processes that enable us to create work at the highest quality at speed, constantly evolving and pushing our brand. Our designers excel at succinctly describing design choices that are precise, obvious and sophisticated, making our brand as iconic as possible! What you'll be doing
- Overseeing and pushing end to end go to market product campaigns and events, specifically intended to precisely communicate what we have to offer and how it meets their needs. Understanding the different audiences and their needs.
- Collaborating with the full Design team on our visual alignment and systems, ensuring we build libraries, develop new solutions and maintain our standards across brand and design.
- Overseeing and identifying new commercial and sales opportunities, creating amazing experiences that are highly personalised for our strategic accounts, and providing scalable solutions to meet the demand of the sales teams.
- Overseeing and creating sophisticated white paper reports and data visualisation, detailed and well presented analysis of trends, current and future, and visualising information in compelling and creative ways, both static and dynamic.
- Inspire everyone around you in creating a culture of excellence, and thrive on guiding, coaching and mentoring designers
- Supervise the work of external and internal partners to ensure everything meets our standards and is of course on brand
- Expert in understanding, translating and articulating brand strategy, turning it into world leading brand communications and experiences
- Expert in writing, questioning and managing briefs, working in collaboration with stakeholders and the team to fully understand the needs and requirements of the brief and how they impact the business.
- High ability to focus on understanding and disseminating the intricacies of entire businesses or systems. Deeply knowledgeable of both highly complex user requirements and highly technical solutions.
- You're able to quickly and creatively visualise intangible and abstract business processes, turning these into compelling creative solutions
- An expert in your craft and hands on, constantly pushing your work until all details are resolved elegantly
- A true guardian of our brand, with a great understanding of brand and branding and how we utilise these across various channels and communications - with an expert understanding in how customers interact with our brand, how our brand needs to flex and how to develop and constantly challenge our brand.
- An expert in presenting your work, the process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and you're proactive in getting constructive feedback to help you produce your best work
- Amazing track record of creating iconic creative work, yet you don't rest on your laurels and feel your best work is still to come
- You're passionate about Checkout.com's vision and purpose
- You care deeply. You believe you have a civic responsibility to your fellow human being that everything is made in the pursuit of excellence. You value feedback.
- You're not an island. You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better.
- You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the brand experience.
- You highly prize being accountable. You take ownership for every action, confess faults and failures, strive for better, and build trust.
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible.
- You're self motivated and can work independently. Because you can work from anywhere, we trust you to take the initiative making sure everyone has everything they need.
- You love learning. You might not have experience for everything this role requires, but you're looking to grow and learn - sometimes 'wearing many hats' in a team.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here. More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us. We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.