At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Job Summary
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) team is seeking a Security Master Data Governance Lead Role. This position will develop and implement best practices to improve the readiness and accuracy of instrument and other key reference data. It will also be responsible for the design and implementation of the long-term master and reference data governance strategy - to drive growth, efficiency and reduce risk. The ideal candidate will be a team leader and connector who is expected to know how to impart information across the corporate structure effectively and efficiently. This position reports to the CDO Master and Reference Data Governance Leader. Primary Responsibilities
- Act as an internal SME on topics related to the use and management of instrument, pricing and other key reference data domains
- Define functional and business requirements for the successful integration of current and future data assets to meet the strategic growth objectives of the organization
- Work with the Vendor Strategy Team to optimize our use of 3rd party vendor data sources across the organization
- Design and apply governance standards to our key 3rd party vendor data assets
- Provide input into the enterprise-wide MDM strategy and long-term adoption plan
- Implements master data strategies, policies, controls, and program
- Develops a data quality strategy to resolve data quality problems through error detection and correction routines, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
- Design and apply an operating model and governance standards around instrument, pricing and other key reference data sets
- Standardize terms and definitions across the enterprise and own the management of relevant metadata with enterprise data governance tools
- Collaborate with leadership across the organization to find business needs and implement Data Governance and Data Stewardship capabilities
- Defines and executes on a training and communications framework which is a guideline and process that drives stakeholder awareness and helps support momentum and participation.
- Ensuring effective execution of the data governance framework, including prioritization of Data Governance Council topics.
- Reporting and tracking improvement on key performance and risk indicators to senior leadership.
- 10 + years' work experience in data governance and/or data management related role collaborating with different parts of the organization; emphasis on developing and implementing data standards, policies, practices, and procedures that led to substantive improvements in data integrity
- 7+ years' experience in the security and pricing reference data domain
- 5+ years' experience of designing methodologies and managing teams in data quality control and quality assurance
- 10+ years' experience in the Financial Services industry (Ratings sub-industry a plus).
- Understand relevant compliance requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, NRSRO Standards, Basel Frameworks.
- Command of data governance and data management best practices, tools, disciplines and business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring stakeholder awareness resulting in the ability to maintain momentum and participation.
- Experienced with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Visio, and with Unix and Windows OS.
- Statistical analysis and data analysis tools.
- Experience working with tools used to support data management, specifically business glossary and metadata management, data catalog, data profiling, and data quality.
- Proficient in the following data skills/techniques - Business Process Modeling, Data Profiling, Metadata management, Data Lineage, Data Security/Privacy, Master Data Management.
- Strong process development, planning, tracking and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans and solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality or non-compliance.
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Agile practitioner capabilities & experience working with or in Agile teams pursuing complex engineering work.
- A Bachelor's or master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration, knowledge in database development and administration.
- Knowledge of data governance and data profiling tools is desirable.
- SQL, Excel VBA
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Visualization software such as Qlik or Tableau is desirable.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools is desirable but not required.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY:
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.