Who you'll be working with
The Cloud & Custom Applications business unit is a core part of Capgemini UK's Application Services organisation. We specialise in the use of leading-edge technologies, forward looking platforms and agile delivery processes to develop business solutions for large private and public sector organisations.
The CCA capability teams provide the breadth of skills and experience required to undertake the end-to-end delivery of these systems, services and solutions. The BA team is a core part of CCA, and Capgemini has invested significantly in building a market leading Digital BA capability. Whilst we have already had a team of 45 BAs working in this area and it is our priority to actively invest further to grow this capability through recruitment and training.
The focus of your role
As a Digital Business Analyst you will be responsible for activities on projects and programmes of all sizes. You will be able to understand our client's business needs and be able to creatively shape and refine business solutions to meet those needs. In guiding and advising clients to help them develop and refine requirements, you must be able to quickly establish your credibility with client staff at all levels.
What you'll do
- Working with stakeholders and business users from the customer to elicit, capture, analyse, refine, communicate and document their requirements
- Representing the customer (acting as a proxy) in support of the delivery teams throughout the project
- Representing the technical team in communication with the customer about the project delivery
- Providing support to the architects, designers and developers in the definition of technical solutions
- Working with User Experience and Information Architects in the definition of Customer Journeys and the production of wireframes and prototypes
- Validating that the functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented within the solution
- Assisting with the estimation of timescales, resources and planning to successfully deliver a project
- Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project assets
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT trends, best practices and digital technologies
- Coaching and developing our people, particularly our more junior BAs and Graduate community (for more senior BA positions)
- Acting as Scrum Master, Product Owner and/or Agile Coach (for more senior BA positions)
What you'll bring
- A track record of working on IT development programmes with demonstrable experience of working on a variety of different IT delivery projects.
- Exposure to a digital suite of systems such as CRM, CMS, Mobile Apps, Social Media and Ecommerce
- Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, XP, DSDM)
- Experience of Agile documentation including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping)
- Experience of analysis of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles and activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery
- Good facilitation and influencing skills with the ability to work with large groups of customers of varying level of seniority from user to board level
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with and present to internal teams and customers with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- You - bring your values, energy, motivation and sense of humour to add to and enhance our team and culture
For more senior positions we will also like to consider experience in any of the following:
- Experience of leadership of other BAs
- User interface design and wireframing skills
- Experience of working in Scrum Master and/or Product Owner roles (with any certifications)
- Modelling of the business domain - process, rules and objects / data
- Formal requirements management and traceability (including use of tools)
- Working in a GDS framework
- Previous consulting experience within major consultancy or SI organisation.
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.