Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch is seeking a strong Lead/Senior Software Engineer to improve critical software tools used widely by the analytical users. The ideal candidate is someone who:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Led technically complex systems and is currently hands-on in software development.
- Has experience in interpreting complex requirements associated with Analytical tools.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Work in Agile Environment to Design and Architect the program
- Work closely with project's Product Owners / Business Analyst/Enterprise Architects to understand requirements and advise on technical solutions
- Architect and design applications and databases in conjunction with the Architecture Chapter.
- Code and test applications.
- Review delivered applications for compliance with designs.
- Work with the Quality Analysts to ensure that the framework and coding standards are adhered to.
- Liaise with users and colleagues globally for the development and support of the software.
- Provide production support and help set support technical best practices
- Conduct Technical Explorations and POCs to improve the teams systems.
- Work with Product Owner and Scrum master on Sprint Ceremonies
- Identify methods, approaches and technologies that may improve our software development processes.
- Troubleshooting and Debugging applications.
- Strong knowledge of C#.NET (v4.5 minimum) and at least one of the following: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API or WCF (Windows Communication Foundation).
- Hands-On experience with using C#, Linq, .Net Multi-threading and .Net design patterns.
- Hands-On experience with Unit Testing in .Net, for example using, NUnit, XUnit FakeItEasy etc.
- Hands-On experience with Dependency Injection in .Net, for example using Unity, NInject etc.
- Hands-On experience with PL/SQL stored procedures, views, triggers and relational data modelling and design.
- Hands-On experience with SCM tools, for example using, TFS, GIT, SVN etc.
- Hands-On experience with CI/CD tools, for example using, Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Above knowledge and experience will have been gained in a commercial environment.
- MongoDB or other NoSQL database
- Using cloud technologies from AWS or Azure in .Net
- Using .Net Core
- Experience in Financial Services industry
- Strong academic background, educated to degree level, ideally in computer science or engineering
- Excellent interpersonal / relation building skill
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated to deliver results and meet deadlines
#li-ac1 This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.