If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there's a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help. If you are an Outsystems Developer and are looking for the next step to move your career forward and learn exciting new skills and technologies, then CGI has an interesting role for you within our growing Outsystems Low Code Development team.
Thousands of customers worldwide trust OutSystems, the number one low-code platform for rapid application development. OutSystems is a solution that combines the power of low-code development with advanced mobile capabilities, enabling visual development of entire application portfolios that easily integrate with existing systems.
Due to an expected increase in OutSystems projects, CGI's Insurance team are looking for a number of Outsystems Developers at all levels of experience. We are happy to base you out of a range of different CGI offices, such as London, Reading, Bridgend or Leeds. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is quick to learn, takes ownership of issues and can help us build up a centre of excellence capability then this an excellent opportunity to develop new skills and be on the leading edge of new technologies.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team. Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• The development and maintenance of business applications using the OutSystems platforms
• Working on various exciting Insurance focused proof of concepts
• Handling Client requirement & should be able to drive business to technology mapping discussions
• Follow the team's scrum process as directed by the Scrum master
• Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Working closely with the project team including testing / design authority / project management, to ensure all work is completed to the required standard
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• We are open to considering Outsystems Developers early in their Outsystems journey as well as more experienced Outsystems Developer. Ideally, you will have had some previous experience within software engineering.
• For more experienced developers you will have a solid foundation in Software Engineering developing web or mobile applications ideally using .Net.
• Knowledge of C# and SQL languages.
• Flexible and responsive attitude to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
• You will have the drive and willingness to collaborate with others and will have a growth mind-set.
• You will have had some individual contributor towards the successful delivery on a large product or project with applied knowledge and participation in full lifecycle development.
• Some experience with building proofs of concept.
A Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and academic achievements valued.
OutSystems certification such as OutSystems Professional Certification, OutSystems Associate Reactive Developer or Mobile Developer Specialist (OutSystems 11)is a plus, but is not essential
Please also be aware that clients could be located across the country and travel to client site will be required during some parts of the project, as will occasional travel into CGI's London office.
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.