Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. About the role
You will be managing and leading our Finance BI team. They are responsible for designing and building analytics pipelines which will be leveraged by stakeholders and analysts across Checkout to gather insights and fulfill reporting requirements. The Finance team in BI works with stakeholders spread across different teams in Finance and Tech Finance (Engineering). Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Data Analytics Engineers while also being hands-on.
- Mentor team members in their career development and interpersonal skills. Make a good team great.
- Fosters an environment where every team member feels included and drives to eliminate unconscious bias and prejudice from the team's approach.
- Demonstrate senior leadership oversight and is able to organise work for all members of the team by creating clear and concise delivery plans.
- Deep understanding of the reporting landscape within the commercial domain, its stakeholders and how it impacts the business.
- Help define, apply and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, documentation, coding best practices and peer reviews.
- Collaborate with Product Manager defining deliverables, roadmap/plans and provide stakeholders with regular updates on different initiatives.
- Build and improve on strong relationships with engineers, managers, and product leads across multiple teams.
- Understand how their team contributes to the overall strategy and how to measure that contribution.
- Design and implement high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses.
- Design and implement Looker structures (explores, views, etc) which will enable users across the organisation to self-serve data.
- You can write complex yet optimised data transformations in SQL using dbt.
- You can schedule data transformation and analysis pipelines using airflow.
- You will be working with dbt, Looker, Snowflake, Apache Airflow, git, SQL Server, Python, Fivetran and AWS.
- 3+ years of managing a team of data professionals.
- 3+ years working experience as a data or software engineer in a fast-paced growing company.
- Be able to own the action and delivery plan for a team.
- Demonstrate the ability to drive career growth of direct reports.
- Excellent SQL and Python knowledge.
- Strong hands-on data modeling and data warehousing skills.
- Experience using dbt and Looker.
- Strong experience applying software engineering best practices to analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD).
- Familiarity with at least one of these Cloud technologies: Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Solid experience with ELT and scheduling tools (e.g. Talend, Airflow).
- Familiarity with finance, customer, marketing and/or web analytics data.
- Strong attention to details to highlight and address data quality issues.
- Self-motivated, responsible and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent time management and proactive problem-solving skills to meet critical deadlines.
#LI-GW1 What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here. More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us. We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.