: Seasonal work in summer school holidays. Hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm, except on Mondays when you will be expected to start at 8am to set up for the week. Overtime for this will be paid.Pay
: £72.85 to £100.86 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay), based on qualifications and experience.Summary of Position:
The Ultimate Tech Leader is responsible for the successful delivery of our Ultimate Tech programme, whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced professionals to help us follow through on our commitment to 'Inspire Children Every Day'.
The role of the Ultimate Tech Leader is to deliver outstanding technology and coding activities to small groups of 8- to 14-year-olds attending our Ultimate Tech Camps. You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting your Tech Instructors to collaboratively deliver fun and exciting technology and coding activities small groups of 8- to 14-year-olds attending our Ultimate Tech Camps.
You will ensure successful execution of all policies and procedures, liaising with parents, school representatives and Head Office where necessary. As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional, and social care offered by the Ultimate Activity Company. There will be a Camp Manager on-site to provide support on care and parent issues.
Ideally our Ultimate Tech staff will cover back-to-back courses across a selection of camps in their local area, e.g., Surbiton High School and Sutton High School.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver tech activities for children aged 8-14, focusing on participation, skill development and enjoyment.
- Directly manage a team of staff selected for you to ensure they deliver both the quality of care and the standard of activities expected at the Ultimate Activity Company.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself, your staff and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures. This may include implementing new procedures to ensure camp runs smoothly and remains a safe environment for staff and children.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of timetabled activities.
- Manage administrative duties and act as the main point of contact for the parents of the children attending Ultimate Tech Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of 'Inspiring Children Every Day' and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual, who has experience in working with children and has a passion for helping young people develop their IT skills, able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability, adapting on the day.
- A natural leader with management experience, ideally within the IT teaching or holiday camp sectors.
- Excellent communicator, with strong face-to-face customer service skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to talk to parents and host school staff.
- Problem-solving skills, and patience is required. You may have to help several individuals with the same problem one a one-to-one basis and it's important that you're able to help them through any moments of frustration with enthusiasm!
- Someone looking for a sometimes challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in ICT teaching or the childcare industry.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (6 hour or 12 hour) qualification or be willing to gain one through the Ultimate Activity Company.