: Seasonal work in summer school holidays. Hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm (except on Mondays when you will be expected to start at 8am to set up for the week. Overtime for this will be paid)Pay
: £62.49 to £94.86 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay), based on qualifications and experience.Summary of Position:
The role of the Tech Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured technology and coding activities to small groups of 8- to 14-year-olds on our Ultimate Tech Camps.
Using supporting resources and a structured timetable, you will deliver coding and technology activities to children aged between 8-14 over 4 days, with the emphasis being on participation, engagement and creativity. You will also have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for the group of children on the course. There will be an Ultimate Tech Leader and Camp Manager on-site to provide support on care and parent issues.
Ideally our Tech Instructors will cover back-to-back courses across a selection of camps in their local area, e.g., Surbiton High School and Sutton High School.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 8-14, focusing on participation, skills and enjoyment.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of timetabled activities.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of 'Inspiring Children Every Day' and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual, who has experience in working with children and has a passion for helping young people develop their IT skills.
- Some experience in teaching or delivering coding or IT activities, able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability, adapting on the day.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills, and patience is required. You may have to help several individuals with the same problem one a one-to-one basis and it's important that you're able to help them through any moments of frustration with enthusiasm!
- Someone looking for a sometimes challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in ICT teaching or the childcare industry.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (6 hour or 12 hour) qualification or be willing to gain one through the Ultimate Activity Company.