We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join one of our multi-disciplinary Building Engineering design teams in London to work on a variety of prestigious projects, mainly in the Science and Industry sectors covering primarily Data Centre's/Mission Critical, Laboratory and Health Care projects, with leading architects and clients both in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for a candidate who will fit in with our dynamic teams in a progressive, design-led environment with the successful candidate becoming a contributor to the development of the teams and the excellent atmosphere which exists within the group.Responsibilities
- Undertaking electrical design elements for projects of varying scales.
- Managing the production of drawings. Preparing and co-ordinating electrical reports and specifications
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
- Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer status
- Extensive experience in the field of electrical design and experience across a range of small/medium to large scale projects and/or building types relevant to Data Centre, science and industry, healthcare or mission-critical environments
- Be able to design and deliver electrical engineering solutions on major and/or complex projects
Up to date knowledge and experience in some of the following areas
Rewards and Benefits
- Large Power (11Kv) Distribution Systems
- Electrical Building Load Assessments
- Standby Generation and UPS
- Fire/Voice Alarm and Security Systems
- Laboratories/ Health Care/Data Centres
- Lighting Design (internal and external)
- Combined Heat and Power Plant
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance.Different people share different values
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks - BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women - provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference - discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.