At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
We have some of the UK's biggest projects in our Rail business, to include HS2 (do I even need to go on?!), Thames Tideway & some exciting projects across Network Rail & National Highways, if that doesn't get you excited about working for Arcadis I don't know what will...!
You'll play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of commissions for our clients. This involves taking ownership of a cost verification exercise and the responsibility for timely delivery, through to the effective reporting and presentation of results. The role will require the successful individual to be confident in liaising with and presenting to both clients and contractors as well as managing and extracting information from third parties.
A natural eye for detail is essential, but with an ability to position commercial context around the detail to enable our clients to make wider, impactful business decisions. The individual should remain output focussed and be able to empathise with our clients' points of view.
- Detailed evaluation of cost data against contractual/commercial principles.
- Detailed analysis and trending of cost data to identify patterns and key risks.
- Appraisal of cost/commercial management systems and processes.
- Undertaking data sampling.
- Detailed cost verification and payroll audits.
- Interfacing with project staff and finance staff to obtain and discuss key documentation/data.
- Management of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
- Production of close-out reports.
- Presentation of outputs and recommendations to clients and their supply chain.
Qualifications & Experience:
We'd ideally love you to be degree educated in either a quantity surveying or accountancy background. However, we understand people come from different backgrounds, so if you have an alternative background we haven't thought of we'd still like to read over your CV!
Professional Membership such as MRICS or ACA/FCA would be advantageous however, not essential, as there is no Professional Accreditation established in the industry.
We've shared some of the experience you may need to really succeed in the role below;
- An understanding of different cost systems and associated processes (COINS, SAP, ICON, Oracle etc).
- Experience in identifying and assessing risks in project environments.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including a wide understanding of Excel functions.
- Beginner to Intermediate PowerBi skills, not essential but desirable.
- Knowledge and competence in the use of target cost and cost reimbursable construction contracts.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to effectively communicate with a range of individuals at varying levels of seniority.
- The ability to understand, manage and interpret complex data sets from a range of sources.
- The ability to grasp high level concepts and comfort with ambiguity.
- The ability to demonstrate 'output thinking' from the outset.
- Enjoys team working but is also comfortable working alone to tight deadlines.
If this ticks some of your career move boxes we'd love to hear from you & look forward to reading over your CV.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World