About the role
The Digital Intelligence Business Unit is looking for an adaptable, hard-working Management Accountant to join a team of seven. This is a client facing role, with engagement expected across various levels; a critical role, providing clients with management information. Partnering with the business, you'll have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a varied range of stakeholders, both inside and outside of Finance, including Senior Managers. This role is looking for someone who is keen to find best practice and challenge status quo, within a fast paced environment.
This role is based in Hanslope, Milton Keynes, but is predominantly home based with occasional visits to the office. This role is offered on a fixed term contract salaried basis until late September 2022.The Key accountabilities of the role involve:
What we're looking for
- Monthly reporting and supporting budget holders, with a full understanding of variances and any risk.
- Supporting project reviews, by providing accurate data and challenging, where appropriate.
- Supporting the annual budgeting process.
- Working with finance to manage year end submissions and other returns.
- Ensuring good financial governance is adhered to, supporting any process improvement and identifying opportunities for savings, or service improvements.
- Working closely with the client Finance Team, to review monthly reports, budgets and any ad-hoc requests.
- Working with other stakeholders including Commercial, Portfolio, Live Services, the Change Team and BAE Systems Stakeholders.
- Supporting the Financial Controller and the rest of the team, with ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Working within the clients' Enterprise Resource Planning tool (Prism).
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance.
- CIMA or ACCA qualified, part qualified, or by experience.
- Proven IT skills, especially Excel.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to challenge when required.
- Able to create positive working relationships.
- High level of communication skills, attention to detail and a desire to learn.
- The ability to be pro-active, flexible and adaptable.
The following skills and experience are also desirable:
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Experience of working within both the public, and private sector.
- Project accounting experience.
- Commercial experience.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.