Home Care Assistant - No NHS Experience Required - Bath
Are you great with people and want to explore a career helping others? Whether you have experience in a care role or not, we want to hear from you.
These home care assistance roles require no previous experience as full training is provided. However, all applicants must have good communication skills, be caring, and willing to learn. Our home care assistant roles are offered in partnership between the prestigious Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust and Bath & North East Somerset Council.
We have availability for part-time home care assistants, ad hoc care assistant shifts or full-time permanent employment within the Trust.Benefits
There are a variety of benefits to these home care assistant roles including:
- Salary: £20,330 to £21,777 (pro rata) including full holiday and sick pay
- Free uniform/PPE
- Free DBS check
- Payment for all hours that you are working for us, including for training/induction and for travel between visits
- Local government Pension Scheme
- A range of benefits including the Employee Cycle Scheme; a discount card for shops and access to local attractions; the Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential support for a range of issues
- Ongoing training, plus opportunities for career development and progression
- Flexible working patterns to enable a good work/life balance
- Gain experience of working with the NHS
- Experience having cared for someone in a professional or personal environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Good work ethic
- Great communication skills
- Willing to learn
Each person that you work with will have individual needs and the support they need will vary. Some examples of the types of care needed are included below:
- Assisting the patient with everyday tasks, such as washing, cleaning, physical activities
- Basic nursing care during illness
- Prompting people to take medication
- If you are a car driver that would be helpful (we have some shifts that could work for those without access to their own vehicles, so if that's you, please get in touch to discuss).
If you're interested in joining our exciting new team as a home care assistant in Bath, please apply today!