IT Support - Field Engineer
Our client who are a logistics company who are experiencing rapid growth in the last 18 months require an additional IT Support - Field Engineer to help their small team to maintain high quality IT support for several locations across the Midlands.
This role will be an integral part of the business and will be required to travel to a variety of sites across the Midlands and one in South Yorkshire. A company car
and fuel card
are provided along with some flexible working arrangements.Role responsibilities:
IT Support - Field Engineer
- Providing 1st & 2nd Line Desk based support - Ensuring all calls and logged faults/requests to the IT Department are answered in good time and in a courteous manner.
- Site visits - Provide on-site support at remote UK sites on a regular basis to ensure all IT requirements are met.
- Projects - Assist in project work where required to ensure the business needs are met.
- Logging Faults- All faults to be logged into ServiceNOW and then followed through to resolution and closed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Fixing Faults- The cause of each fault should be identified and a fix should be attempted before passing on to other team members and third party suppliers.
- IT Helpdesk Email - Ensuring the IT Helpdesk email is monitored regularly and all queries dealt with.
- General Department Calls and Emails - All queries and requests must be dealt with and passed onto the relevant staff member
- Hardware / Software purchasing - Authorised purchasing should be placed and monitored until receipt of such goods
- Hardware Builds - All new hardware should be configured and tested before implementation.
- Software Upgrades - Software upgrades must be applied to necessary hardware
- AD/Email Administration - To create new users on the GPA portal
- Equipment installation - To ensure all IT hardware is installed correctly and soundly
- Fixed Telephone Systems - To ensure all fixed phones are installed and functioning correctly
- General Administration - To complete and maintain databases, configuration and procedures.
- Mobile Phone Administration - To support the mobile phone network in GUK
- RF Scanning - To support the mobile scanning equipment
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/