Meet our professionalsCGI UK Careers - Business Analyst - FS
If you have a creative understanding of what motivates business success, a talent for unlocking problems and modelling innovative solutions, there is a digital revolution underway in the UK and it needs your help. From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone.
Here at CGI, our Insurance Team are looking for a Senior Business Analyst them, in this role you will be working with a variety of clients ranging from Insurers, Brokers, London Market speciality carriers, software houses and other third parties who provide insurance tailored solutions and therefore you can be sure no one day is the same.
This role requires an extremely competent Business Analyst who can work well independently, is comfortable working with a range of stakeholders of varying seniority and at a fast moving pace, and someone who ideally has insurance domain experience, however, financial service experience will be considered.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme, plus more.
As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Researching possible software solutions to increase work efficiency
• Interpreting data about company policies and workflows
• Supporting project teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
• Working on various project phases in parallel, such as implementation and testing
• Complying with regulations and preparing for assessments for requirements
• Estimating costs and time requirements of projects as well as evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
• Developing quality assurance practices and assessments and establishing deliverables
• Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating flowcharts
• Determining risk and return on investment for shareholders
• Acting as a liaison between the business and its Information Technology (IT) department and between the business and its clients
• Using various tools to record data on a project and evaluating Key Performance Indicators
• Facilitating meetings and educational workshops for team members with the client and /or other CGI departments to review, elaborate, validate and finalise requirements
• Lead workshops to deep-dive in to areas of complexity to achieve a universal understanding between CGI, the Client and other stakeholders
• Acquiring knowledge of products or services provided by the business
• Making sure projects stay within budget and target spending requirements
• Incorporating user suggestions into projects
• Maintain a clear and robust requirements management process including Traceability and Gap Analysis
• Develop Process Maps and user journeys to a granular level using various tools and applications, such as Viso, Miro, Draw.io.
• Bridge the gap between the Client, Business Architects, Developers, UX / UI Designers, SMEs, Third Party Suppliers, and Programme Leadership
• Ensure that outputs across the team are of an extremely high standard
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• The ideal person will have demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst ideally within the Insurance sector either directly for an Insurer, Broker or Insurance Software House or via a consultancy/systems integrator with clients in the Insurance sector.
• It is essential that you have experience of agile software delivery methodology and tools / skills including SCRUM and experience of writing detailed acceptance criteria. Excellent experience of process mapping on Visio is highly desirable
• You must be comfortable leading virtual teams and be able to influence and direct people without direct line management responsibility
• Experience in organising and leading workshops focused on requirements gathering, analysis and refinement.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are essential, as is the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with business stakeholders and gain trust in order to guide and support clients and members.
• It is also essential that you are a self-starter, can work largely independently, and are willing and able to develop Junior Business Analysts and Peers
• An understanding of Low-Code development platforms would be a "nice to have" but is not essential.
It is preferable the applicant live within commuting distance of London but not essential as this role will be largely virtual but a willingness and flexibility to travel to client sites throughout the south of England for workshops is essential.
- Business Analysis
- Workshop Facilitation
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.