We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven engineer to drive development of automated testing in an agile squad for the News Engineering team.
The London Stock Exchange Group is the exclusive provider of Reuters News to the financial community. Our News Platform aggregates content from Reuters, and thousands of other news providers, augmenting our content with a rich set of metadata and analytics to enable our customers in finding News most relevant to their needs. The News we deliver informs investors, moves markets, and enables companies to identify risks to their business. We have a global team of engineers collaborating across all disciplines to deliver excellence for our customers.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, the right candidate will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of automated test strategies. Projects will include automating positive and negative tests for individual components as well as end-to-end testing spanning our low-latency, real-time News feeds through metadata processing pipeline into our News database of record and out via our streaming and request-response APIs.
- Understand, analyze business and technical requirements, with testability and test approaches; focus is on backend, server level testing
- Recommend automated test design best suited for the projects, write test cases/scripts, execute test automation tools/scripts
- Lead implementation of test automation within existing Java based framework
- Develop and maintain tests and/or workflow usage, test environment, test cases/test data, test plans, with limited assistance and the ability to work independently
- Generate test reporting and manage defects using company standard methods, analyze defects for improvement
- Diagnose and resolve technical and operational problems on test systems or products
- Guide consultants with automated testing efforts and share knowledge (both domain/technical) across the wider News engineering teams
- Participate in planning and estimating efforts in the squad as well as planning and execution of on-going QA requirements
- Assist support and business teams in investigating and resolving problems
- Experience as an SDET or Automation Engineer using Java; prior experience building applications as a Software Engineer preferred
- Solid understanding and experience with object-oriented design and development.
- Experienced with SQL scripting and databases
- Intimate knowledge of automation and continuous integration tools including tools like GIT, Jenkins, Test NG, Allure, JIRA, Test Rail.
- Proven experience in automation testing and reporting. Experience in implementing automation testing from scratch and producing test reports for wider teams
- A good understanding of formal software development lifecycle
- Good communication, verbal and written, and experience in working with global teams
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and being proactive in delivering results
- AWS, Agile/Scrum model of working, CI/CD exposure - optional/good to have
- Bachelor/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.