Meet our professionalsCGI UK Careers - Scrum Master - FS
If you are an experienced Scrum Master who enjoys working as a part of a team and you want to be involved in building the future of financial services in the UK, we'd love to have a conversation with you.
Our financial services business unit is looking for talented Scrum Masters with strong practical experience to join us in working on a variety of engagements across our banking and financial services clients.
The work we do has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people's lives, you can be sure we'll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we'll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be joining a team striving for the highest quality and commitment in everything they do.
You will help to build key financial services systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. Expectations around the team you are part of will be high.
You will be responsible for facilitation of ceremonies and for coaching and supporting the team so that they become progressively more agile as they mature into a high performing cross functional team.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience and understanding of not just the theoretical aspects of agile, but also the practical and underlying fundamental agile principles, including how and why they work, and be able to apply that knowledge on a daily basis. Having knowledge and experience of different agile facilitation frameworks is useful, as is knowledge of different ways to scale up.
You will have experience working with teams that employ DevOps practices, that may be remote and geographically distributed; and you will understand the challenges and opportunities this type of working brings.
You will provide input to and participate in communities of practice; and will work hand in hand with Agile Coaches to influence and shape the organic growth and future direction of agile in our business unit.
• Lead your team in adopting the Scrum framework
• Help the Product Owner and development team to deliver their objectives by coaching them on how to work most effectively with each other
• Facilitate the team's journey to self-organization
• Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing them
• Assist in resolving conflicts and issues that occur
• Ensure highly efficient cross team collaboration
• Ensure clear, concise communication and visibility outside of your team
• Help the team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity as delivery progresses
• Support the Product Owner and provide education where needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrable experience working as a Scrum Master
• Ability to analyse situations, think quickly and assist in resolving conflict objectively and constructively
• Working with cross functional, fast paced product development teams
• Working with product owners with varying levels of knowledge and exposure to agile
• Serving and leading a team by example
• Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
• Ability to inspect and adapt within a changing environment and welcome opportunities to grow with your team
• Self-motivated and able to stay focused
• A strong sense of entrepreneurship, user centricity and desire to continuously learn and improve
- Scrum Master
- Financial Services
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.