iptiQ is a risk tech start-up within Swiss Re Group. Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
iptiQ provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, we're transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. We build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
iptiQ offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Solvency II is regulatory framework for European Insurance Industry aimed at reducing an insurer's risk of insolvency based on a holistic risk assessment. It imposes new assessment rules for assets and liabilities, which must be assessed at market values. If you are familiar with valuations such as US GAAP or IFRS, you are just one step away from learning Solvency II and starting an exciting career at Swiss Re.
In your role you will be responsible for:
• Delivery of the finance activities as part of Brexit transformation project
• The preparation of quantitative and qualitative Solvency II reports (incl. full Balance Sheet) for the insurance regulator (PRA in the UK, EIOPA for the EU) on quarterly and annual basis
• Presentation of legal entity & UK Branch SII results and key drivers to CFO for approval
• Performing the reconciliation process between Solvency II, local STAT and US GAAP reporting
• Collaboration with various functions within FP&A, Investment reporting, Actuaries, Group Tax, Finance IT, Risk Management etc., across various levels of management
• Ensuring compliance with the risk and control framework and audit requirements
• Identification and evaluation of operational improvements
• Collaboration with your colleague from Solvency II team
• Contribute to the ongoing finance transformation
About the Team
iptiQ EMEA L&H sits within Swiss Re's iptiQ division; established to deliver white-label life insurance solutions sold through our partners, directly to consumers. We are a dynamic, motivated and technology driven team, organised to provide creative life insurance solutions and engage with consumers in innovative ways. Through our strong operational infrastructure, creative thinking, insurance know-how and ecommerce competences we want to drive the digitalization of the life insurance business in Europe.
We are a team responsible for iptiQ EMEA L&H regulatory reporting, in-charge with analysis, reports and accounting support according to Luxembourg statutory accounting policies and economic valuation principles. As a member of our team, you are performing the preparation of the Solvency II reporting packages in accordance with EIOPA and PRA requirements. You provide comprehensive commentaries with respect to reporting, monitoring and reconciliation activities according to management requirements. You will have opportunity to improve the team's delivery processes and cooperation with our partners.
Your main partners within your area of responsibility are:
• Finance iptiQ EMEA L&H
• Group Finance
• Risk Management
• Actuarial and Valuation
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in financial reporting or similar relevant role in an insurance or reinsurance company
• Very good understanding of Life & Health business as well as accounting framework (US GAAP / IFRS, LUXGAAP)
• Excellent analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Excellent communication skills written and spoken (English) as well as ability to present financial results to senior management
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Strong organizational skills - ability to manage stakeholders and complex tasks under tight deadlines
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Power BI)
• Fluent written and spoken English; additional languages are welcomed
In our Finance community, you will have the opportunity to explore processes end-to-end, both on entry level and in professional roles. Our flat corporate structure enables you to build strong ownership of the tasks and have a direct contact with senior leaders across Swiss Re universe.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity - diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences - at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: [[id]]
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.