We are actively looking for an hands on Technical Engineering Manager to join a industry leading businesses in Dagenham
As a Technical Engineering Manager (Engineering) your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company's requirements but will include:
* Overall, to support the day-to-day maintenance of the site and to assist the Operations Manager with controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operations of the site in accordance with health & safety and legislative requirements.
* To that affect, the Engineering Manager will organise and implement maintenance schedules as per manufacturer's guidelines and liaise with the Operations Manager & Operations Supervisor providing updates on maintenance schedules and work progress.
* To implement and keep the asset management system updated and to attach costing for specific projects/plant modifications on site.
* To carry out risk assessments of routine maintenance procedures and unplanned works.
* To ensure maintenance staff takes full responsibility for their work environment and that all tools are maintained and accounted for, maintaining critical spares, and ensuring replacement of parts are ordered as required at all times.
* Ensure that engineering work does not impact product safety or legality, in both Anaerobic Digestion and Handling Plant.
* To liaise with external contractors and review RAMS prior to work commencing and ensure that all permit-to-work documents are completed to the required standard.
* Development and implementation of training and competency programmes for site staff.
* Carry out procurement projects for supply of goods and services at site.
* Monitoring of plant performance including collecting and analysing data in a lean manner to detail causes of production losses and downtime to identify corrective and preventative measures.
* To provide supervision & assistance to the Engineering staff.
* Take lead and assist where required on local engineering projects.
* Take lead on key Health and Safety areas such as LOLER/PUWER/PSSR.
* To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Management Team.
* HNC/HND in relevant Engineering or Science subject (or equivalent) and IOSH H&S Qualification.
* Experience in a solid engineering background, with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma knowledge. Process engineering knowledge is desirable.
* Previous experience within a supervisory or management role, managing in a process engineering environment and management of PPM systems.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good written and verbal communication and IT skills - must be proficient with MS Office.
* Ability to make decisions to maximise team performance and be able to prioritise workload and deliver on time.
On offer is a salary between £50,000 and £60,000 plus enhanced benefit package