Venari Finance is delighted to be supporting one of Glasgow's largest privately owned business's to recruit their new Finance Manager.
This role has become avialable due to an internal promotion and provides an individual with great career progression over time.
The Finance Manager will be part of a wider finance team with 3 direct reports, reporting into the Financial Controller.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of a busy finance department including line management within the team.
- Work closely with the Finance Controller and Finance Director to ensure all department targets are achieved.
- Co-ordinate staff development and deliver staff appraisals, PDP's and regular 1 to 1's.
- Coordinate preparation of all annual budgets.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts, annual statutory accounts and supporting audit and taxation compliance
- Production and development of insight driven reporting packs tracking financial performance and finance KPIs for operational and commercial business reviews.
- Responsibility for Sales Ledger and working capital management, including invoice financing facility
- Day to day control over all aspects of P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the customer facing Finance colleagues are fulfilling the requirements of our internal and external stakeholders, including dealing with ad-hoc customer requests within required deadlines.
- Providing financial reports for all key stakeholders - including primary financial reports, trading dashboards, divisional and client financial information and commentary, and other ad hoc reports - as required.
- Continually reviewing and reporting actual financial performance against budget to the key stakeholders, with value adding back-up documentation and explanations.
- Ensuring that all Finance processes are up to date and documented, and that all processes comply with Internal & External Audit recommendations and guidelines
- Driving Continuous Process Improvement ethos through the team, delivering process excellence.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or CA) with relevant post qualification experience (Ideally 2-3 Years+)
- Significant experience in a comparable finance role or an outstanding candidate ready for the next step,
- Excellent technical foundation in management accounting, financial reporting and taxation.
- Experience of working within a client driven environment and the ability to understand and deliver the business requirements of our clients.
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management, internal/external stakeholders or customers.
- Strong people management skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of developing the role over time.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Preferable experience of SUN Finance System and any base knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 advantageous