NXTGEN have a brand new opportunity for an Internal Audit & Controls Manager to join a flagship Norfolk based business. This high profile group continues to grow both organically and through acquisition offering the successful candidate outstanding career development prospects. As Internal Audit & Controls Manager you will work closely with the Financial Controller to deliver financial control and governance across the group, working with a range of stakeholders to ensure processes are robust and mitigate risk. You will take full responsibility for the delivery of the financial control framework, designing and implementing new financial controls as and when required. The Internal Audit & Controls Manager will also be responsible for testing of group and site based controls as well as undertaking group wide risk assessments to identify potential business risks. The role will encompass both financial and operation risk areas, allowing for the successful candidate to work closely with both finance and non-finance stakeholders across the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Review of accounting policies across the group, ensuring they are appropriate and are adhered to across the group
- Ownership for the annual internal audit testing, reviewing and testing current financial controls to ensure they are fit for purpose and robust
- Delivery of the financial control framework across the group, ensuring compliance with accounting policies
- Control of the financial risk register for the group.
- Provide the wider finance team with guidance for financial judgement's
- Act as a key contact with external auditors during year end process
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong external or internal audit background. The position is ideally suited to those that are looking to make their first move from practice to industry. You will be a technically minded accountant with a working knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS102. Candidates will have a proactive approach and will be passionate about improving financial processes to drive quality and consistency of financial information across the business. Excellent communication skills are a must given the high profile and business facing nature of the role.
For the successful candidate this role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a complex group with outstanding progression opportunities within the wider finance team.