About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role your primary focus will be the co-ordination / production of the annual Statutory Accounts and Tax Reporting including reviewing & evolving these processes and supporting other such initiatives, as required. The role sits within the Real Estate & Infrastructure Operations Team.
How you'll spend your time....
- Responsibility for the co-ordination / production of the annual financial statements for UK and Jersey domiciled real estate entities against tight reporting deadlines under UK GAAP (this includes companies, trusts and limited partnerships).
- Engagement / liaison with the auditors to agree & manage the timetables and to be a point of contact / work closely with the auditors for dealing with audit queries
- Compile board papers detailing the key points that the Board of Directors need to be aware of for providing Board approvals
- Oversee the annual tax return production process, providing information to external tax advisors to support the production of tax returns.
- Co-ordinate / manage the submission of the tax returns and associated payments to HMRC
- Review the above processes to further bring about efficiencies & automation
- Support the Senior Manager with the identification of processes enhancements or risk mitigation across the teams, to further drive efficiencies and quality improvements within the operations team
- Support the Senior Manager and team with other adhoc projects as required
To be successful in this role you will have....
ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification, however relevant or applicable experience will be considered.
In addition to an understanding of UK GAAP, a working knowledge of LUX GAAP would be helpful.
Good Excel/Word skills.
Previous experience of being involved in audits / audit liaison
If you also had this, it would be great...
- Has a flexible attitude to work and can work well in a multi-tasking environment
- Well organised and can work to deadlines under pressure with limited supervision
- Ability to understand the detail but also take a big picture approach
- Dynamic, quick learner and willing to challenge the status quo