External Communications and Relationships ManagerLocation:
Liverpool City Centre / Travel throughout UK / WFH (balance to be discussed) Full Time
(40 hours working week) Salary:
STEM Women introduces university students to graduate employers through our careers events and our job board services. We have become the market leader within this niche, growing sector and have clients based in the UK, Benelux, Ireland and Australia. We are an established SME with 11 staff, and we work in a friendly, collaborative, and supportive environment. Our business is growing each year because of increased demand from our UK and overseas clients. In summer 2022 we are moving into a larger office and growing our team.Overview:
Within STEM Women we have a sales team focussed on generating event, digital and bespoke sales to corporate graduate recruiters. We also have a marketing team who message students through university and social media, encouraging them to register and attend our events. We are keen to support our sales and marketing teams by raising awareness of STEM Women through different channels.Job Role:
We have created the post of "External Communications Manager" to promote our company through new channels and to ensure that we offer a consistent, professional service to our regular clients. Strategic / Relationship Management Tasks
- Meet with regular clients in-person and via Zoom. Understand their perception of STEM Women, their challenges and how we can service their future needs.
- Meet with key university stakeholders in-person and via Zoom. Understand their perception of STEM Women, their challenges and how we can service their future needs.
- Attend internal strategy meetings and offer advice/insight.
- Represent STEM Women by attending online and in-person industry and networking events.
- Prepare event speakers by running "prep" sessions ahead of our STEM Women events. Provide event day speaker support to the event host and share some presenter tasks.
PR and Outreach Tasks
- Develop relationships with trade bodies, professional bodies, overseas organisations and the DTI so that they are aware of STEM Women and likely to promote our services to their member base.
- Respond to inbound enquiries (likely to include questions from radio, universities and industry bodies).
- Announce new initiatives and promote selected content to external partners. By way of an example that could include promoting our "white paper" to journalists and press contacts with the intention of gaining publicity and inbound links.
- Assist with managing the sales and marketing teams when team leaders are overseas or out of the office.
- Significant knowledge and experience in developing and managing relationships with trade bodies, the press, universities, stakeholders and/or corporate clients.
- Ability to work independently and develop plans and procedures whilst communicating effectively with colleagues.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills, with good grammar and literacy.
- Strong communication skills. Ideally previous experience networking and speaking at professional events.
- An interest in diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Commercial acumen and a desire to work in a growing SME.