Our leading manufacturing business is looking for an Accountant who will prepare, analyse, report weekly, monthly, and quarterly figures, including gross margins and assist in month-end closing.
You will work with the Finance Director and Department Managers to help prepare analysis reports on costs and margins to support the production teams. Use of bespoke software, ERP Systems and Excel spreadsheets.
Salary £30-40k per annum plus fantastic company benefits
The key responsibilities of the Accounting role are:
• Lead the execution of the month, quarter, and year-end financial activities with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
• Use the In-house ERP system to provide standard costing reports and margin analysis
• Provide inventory analysis support to Head of Production and Operations and contribute to both inventory control and optimal inventory levels by providing reports
• Drive improvements to the financial close schedule from a timeline and data quality perspective
• Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing budget versus actuals
- Support with monthly accounting duties
This excellent opportunity will suit a confident and commercially minded finance professional with an affinity for data driven analysis and providing data for business related problems.
Strong communication skills will be essential to communicate with Financial and Non-Financial teams.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a part-qualified or qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) able to demonstrate experience ideally from a manufacturing environment. A strong background in management accounting with some knowledge of costing would be highly beneficial.
Please apply to Suzanne at Square Peg Associates