Nicholas Howard is pleased to be working with a large organisation as they look to recruit an Interim General Ledger Accountant to join their team on a 12-month fixed term basis. This role will require the successful candidate to be on-site 2/3 per week in their London (Paddington)offices.
As a key member if the finance team, your key responsibilities will be:
* Month-end close:
* Completion of month-end close journals for the international region entities.
* Completion and/or review of balance sheet control account reconciliations at month-end in accordance with SOX 404 compliance requirements and pro-active investigation of reconciling items on the reconciliation.
* Support the Financial Accounting Management team with completion and review of monthly & quarterly BS and PL Flux analysis.
* Liaison with various stakeholders (e.g.: Cash Accounting Team, Accounts Payable, Revenue Accounting and Finance) to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
* Ad-hoc financial reporting to group and liaison with US accounting team to assist with Group month-end close.
* Support and provide backup for other GL accountants in team.
* Work with RTR lead to improve and develop processes, controls and systems including creation and maintenance of process notes.
* Ensure that internal policies and SOX procedures are adhered to.
* Assist with internal and SOX audit queries relating to general ledgers as and when required.
* Assist with ad-hoc GL projects.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Qualified or so to be Qualified Accountant
* Strong technical knowledge of accounting and finance processes in a complex international business.
* Experience of preparing high quality Balance Sheet reconciliations.
* Experience of communicating across all levels of the business, including a senior management team.
* Oracle R12 experience.
* Sound knowledge of Microsoft advanced analytics (e.g.: excel and Power BI) for data mining. Advanced excel skills required (e.g.: advanced formulas, pivot tables and in general using Excel productively).
* Proven communication, negotiation and influencing skills in collaborating with multiple stakeholders across multiple departments. Having an established record in managing multiple and competing priorities.
* Previous experience of working in a multi-national's environment.
* Experience of working within a SOX compliant environment.
Salary will be £40,000 - £50,000 plus bonus and other benefits. They also offer a commuter allowance (amount dependant upon location)