Daytime Healthcare are working with a Great Private School who caters for young people with special needs based in Hook , Hampshire. Who are currently looking for Teaching assistants to join there fast growing team.
• Work closely to support the Teacher and colleagues in promoting and maintaining an environment for the children consistent with the highest standards of education, care and wellbeing and achievements of the children
• There is a full training programme for induction and CPD.
• Teaching Assistant may wish to study for the Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or to prepare for QTS if they already have an undergraduate degree.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Implement all the children's teaching programmes at all times
• Make and prepare resources for teaching and learning activities
• Collect data and make suggestions for improving programmes based on your observations
• Work as a team to ensure the children's emotional, behavioural, physical and intellectual needs are met - monitor and record each child's physical and emotional behaviour
• Be fully conversant with the general philosophy of the school and the teaching programmes and communications system used for individual children. Follow these scrupulously and contribute to their improvement
• Undertake the duties as directed by the teachers.
• Be familiar with the safeguarding, safety regulations, fire evacuation procedures and policies.
• Ensure all information relating to both the children and staff remains confidential and those details are only discussed under the correct circumstances
• Support the teacher to ensure that the environment is kept healthy and safe for the children
• Support the Teacher to ensure the children enjoy fulfilling and fun learning activities
• Attend and contribute to team meetings and regular individual meetings with line managers
• From time to time you may be offered the opportunity to attend day or short training courses away from the school. All expenses will be paid for.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• It is a requirement that the post holder contributes to multi-disciplinary working with individuals with challenging behaviours
• To undertake other related tasks if required by the Leadership Team to support the smooth running of the School
• To attend training courses as required
Education & Qualifications
• A good level of basic education.
• NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools