The purpose of the position is to direct and manage the finance team in key areas of activity:
* Preparation and closure of statutory accounts for both the Council.
* Provide a range of corporate activities supporting the business functions of the Council such as maintaining/ reconciling corporate control accounts, banking arrangements and completing Government statutory returns
* Provide timely and accurate information, advice and guidance to elected Members, senior management and service managers.
* To support the Director of Finance in meeting the Council's corporate arrangements for governance and performance management.
* Provide highly specialised advice on the Council's Capital Investment Plan and related activity to the Treasury Management and Exchequer function.
* Provide a range of corporate activities supporting the business functions of the Council such as VAT advice, asset register maintenance and Council Tax and Business Rates collection fund accounting.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law