Learning Support Assistant - Teaching Assistant - Primary - SEMH - Richmond
Would you like to work with children who need additional support with their social, emotional mental health?
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with previous SEN experience OR a Graduate with a keen interest in this area of work. The role is ideal for someone committed in what they do and to be the best they can be when helping others.
What is involved?
* Providing assistance and supervision for students before, during and after lessons
* Assisting students to understand and participate in set tasks in an appropriate way
* Assisting with note taking and supporting literacy and numeracy
* Working with a class, a small group or individual learners
* Encouraging the development of appropriate social skills
* To ensure accurate individual student records are maintained
* Helping to build confidence and motivation
* Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
* Working with managers and employees to support the developing culture of the organisation
* Following regulations pertaining to safeguarding
What is required?
* An Undergraduate Degree (preferable) and/or previous SEN experience
* Good general education levels in English and Maths
* Knowledge, keen interest or understanding of the range of different types of learning and behavioural needs (SEMH, PRU)
* Ability to adapt to various working environments and students with differing abilities and unpredictable behaviour
* A co-operative working style
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* A caring attitude and a good listener
* Flexibility in terms of working patterns
* SEN LSA - SEMH - Learner Support Assistant - Teaching Assistant - PRU - Richmond
* £70 to £80 daily rate (5-day week)
* Special Educational Needs
* April 2022
* Apply directly via this advert and contact Jed Marsh on for more details