1:1 Teaching Assistant - Havant
Prospero Teaching are currently seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant for a 'Good' Ofsted rated School located in the Havant, Portsmouth
This role will involve working 1:1 with a Year 6 Pupil diagnosed with ADHD & Autism. You will be responsible for providing educational and pastoral support within and outside of the classroomContract Details for the 1:1 Teaching Assistant role:
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the 1:1 Teaching Assistant role:
- Location - Havant, Portsmouth
- Position - 1:1 Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - 1:1 Teaching Assistant (ASD)
- Start date - Mon 25th April
- Contract type - Temporary (1-Term) Initially
- Full time/part time - Full-Time
- Minimum rate of pay - £10.86 per hour
To be eligible as an 1:1 Teaching Assistant role through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Previous LSA experience is required, ideally within the SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
- A passion for working with children with ASD, Aspergers, Complex Needs
- Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities.
- You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students.
- Happy to undertake personal care responsibilities
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.