Learning Support AssistantLocation: Walton, PresteigneSalary: £18,057 to £20,865 (pro rata) based on 37.5 hours per week Term Time
Are you a supportive and empathetic individual who wants to enhance the lives of children with Autism? We have an opportunity in our unique children's residential school based in the stunning, rural location of Presteigne, Powys. Summergil House is based on the river that separates the Welsh and English border, with views of both countries at either side.We offer a combined approach to care, education and in-house therapeutic support for Young People up to the age of 19 with Autism and other associated complex needs. The school boasts an impressive 18 acres of luscious greenery and mountain views to support the well-being of the People we support. In your new role as Learning Support Assistant, no two days are ever the same.As a Learning Support Assistant, you will provide education and organisational support to the class teacher, guide students during structured and non-structured sessions and assist each student to achieve their full potential. Offer personal care to students, in a respectful manner when required.As many of our children appreciate routine and structure our team time is 40 weeks, and our Summer-break is just two weeks rather than six or seven.A day in the life of a Learning Support Assistant with Orbis Education and Care Involves:
- Providing high quality teaching and learning opportunities
- Providing structured learning opportunities through effective Classroom management
- Ensuring that all students are working towards their agreed accreditations
- Using a variety of teaching approaches and activities to develop students' learning
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of off-site activities and organised trips
- Assisting students who require help during morning routines, lunch/break times or when going to the lavatory.
To be a successful Learning Support Assistant with Orbis Education and Care, you'll need:
- Qualification in English & Maths
- Ability to relate well to students and build positive and respectful relationships that are on a professional level
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be able to show initiative
- Ability to offer personal care in a respectful way.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you'll receive:
- A salary of £18,057 to £20,865 (pro rata) based on 37.5 hours per week Term Time
- Fully paid two week comprehensive induction programme
- Free uniform and DBS
- Travel enhancement for staff who live 15 miles away or further, up to £600 per year!
- 12 weeks annual leave (to be taken during the school holidays)
- Access to our Salary Financing Service
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to our Engage App for discounts on major retailers and restaurants.
About Orbis Education And Care:Orbis Education & Care is a sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. We specialise in providing individualised placements for unique individuals. At Orbis Education and Care we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. INDMIX