Don't just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
UK Commercial Customer Management Analytics & Data Science team's objective is to develop and execute on customer management strategies and processes for commercial portfolio of the business. This team is part of the Credit and Fraud risk group within American Express. We are looking for a Manager to join the team and conduct detailed portfolio analysis for the Commercial UK portfolio, this is a key role in developing new strategies and capabilities to improve the customer experience of the small business UK portfolio. This position is part of a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing partners across the business - Sales, Marketing, Legal & Compliance, Fraud, Operations, and Technologies teams.Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor key metrics - roll rates, delinquency rates, write offs, pay down, cancellations and recoveries and provide analytical insights to explain trends
- Drive insights using both internal and external macro-economic data and identify opportunities for profitable growth
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., Decision science, Risk CoE, Credit operations, Compliance, and Legal) to implement risk strategies and develop new capabilities to provide best in class customer experience
- Strengthen credit risk capabilities by incorporating new data sources in credit risk decision
- Monitor portfolio performance and conduct deep-dives into delinquent accounts to identify improvement opportunities across the product lifecycle
- Understand competitive and macro-economic landscape and proactively identify opportunities in AXP portfolio
- Develop and enhance collection framework that maximizes the collection benefit
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Significant experience in risk/information management or data analytical roles
- Master's Degree or PHD in quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with quantitative background required
- Coding skills in SQL and in one of R/Python is required. Hands-on exposure is a must. Exposure to statistical concepts is a plus
- Strong technical and analytical acumen with the ability to apply both quantitative methods and business knowledge to create insights and drive results
- Strong communication and persuasion skills with an ability to translate technical analysis into business strategy recommendations; conceptualize and sell ideas to internal and external partners
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners across business units
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a matrix organization partnering with capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions quickly and effectively
- Results driven with strong project management skills and ability to work on multiple priorities
- Knowledge of commercial data assets including commercial bureau data will be preferred
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on
Job RiskPrimary Location United Kingdom-Greater London-LondonSchedule Full-timeJob Posting May 5, 2022, 7:27:06 PM - May 13, 2022, 9:29:00 AM